Search This Blog:

3.26.2010

PAX East 2010 entry 1

I’m sitting here waiting on my clock to say it’s time to go.  In about 25 minutes, I’ll be able to leave the house, drop my daughter at day-care and begin the 2.5hr drive to Indianapolis to board my flight to Boston for the Penny Arcade Expo.  My comrades from work already began their drive to PAX East last night after work.  Right now they’re driving icy roads on I-84 in New York, heading to the Connecticut line.

I sent my LAN party computer ahead in the back of their SUV.

I’m pretty nervous and excited right now. 
This is the first time in my adult life I’ve taken a vacation on my own.  I’ve always either been with my parents, or with my wife and family.  I’ve never flown alone before.  I’m not nervous about the flying part, that’s a breeze, it’s the whole planning thing.  I get uptight about delayed flights, connections, taxis, detours, flat tires…that sort of thing.  Mainly I’m just super-excited to go to PAX.  I’ve always wanted to go to PAX Prime on the West coast, and I’m so glad that I’m attending the first PAX East.

So…here I sit.  Bags packed, car ready.  Kids snoozing for 5 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment