Search This Blog:

10.19.2009

Laptop Gaming – Guild Wars

Tonight’s test involved another trip to The Big Bin of Games I Forgot I Bought (tm).  I pulled out my old copy of Guild Wars (now called Guild Wars Prophecies).  I installed it, and ran a largish update for about 20 minutes or so to bring my installation up to date.  This one runs just fine on the integrated 4500MHD graphics on the laptop.  I was able to crank the visual effects slider all the way up, and had no problems playing the game at all.  The frame rate was smooth, and everything looked great.  This game’s visual engine seems to be very efficient, and still looks pretty good even considering it’s age. I would recommend using a mouse for this one, as playing MMO’s with a trackpad seems like a bit of a nightmare to me.

Test settings:

greenshot_2009-10-19_21-02-25

Screenshot to show relative quality:

greenshot_2009-10-19_21-02-44

No comments:

Post a Comment