Search This Blog:

10.30.2008

Photosynth of Sweetwater Sound

I was experimenting with Photosynth from Microsoft Labs a while back and created this "synth". If you're not familiar with the technology, it lets you build a 3d arrangement of of a scene from photographs. When done correctly, you can "step" through the scene and see it from the points where the camera was placed.

I wanted to do a big interior, so after a few experiments in synth-building I headed out to Sweetwater Sound and photographed the interior of their new building.
This synth still has some bugs I need to work out. There are some holes in the 3d map, but it's the best one I've built so far. I've worked out a new possible system for shooting these. I'm trying to find another interesting building or landscape to synth next with the new setup.




No comments:

Post a Comment